Wednesday, January 25, 2017

MASTER CONTOUR PALETTE by Maybelline New York Review

What Maybelline New-York claims for This Product?

So, Maybelline New York claims that "it is easy to use face contouring kit includes a contouring powder, blush and highlighter. With a custom angled brush includes, you can create professional results with effortless application." 

I had always found contouring very intimidating, but now I am really liking to contour my face.

Packaging:
It has plastic packaging with clear lid and metallic writing. Which is very sleek and simple. The black case gives it a professional look. Palette available in two colours: light/medium and medium/deep, I use the medium/deep one as I have olive medium skin tone. Each palette comes with one contour shade, one blush shade, and one highlight shade for a total of three pans and a small angled brush.
Here are my thoughts after trying out the palette:





Highlighter:
The highlight is very pigmented, smooth and finely milt with subtle sheen. Undoubtedly, my absolute favourite highlight that gives me a natural glow. The highlighter is the real star of this palette. It is gorgeous, especially from the drugstore.

Blush:
The blush is a luminescent, pearly light pink which gave me a subtle wash of colour. It is an easily dupable, along the lines of NARS Orgasm Blushes.

Contour shade:
Contour shade is rich and deep as I have the kit in Medium to Deep, and the shade is perfect for my medium skin tone. It is so buttery and smooth almost creamy when rubbed between the fingers and is build able. The fallout is strong with this one, so be sure to go easy with it and clean the fallout out of the case often. I don’t have any problem with this.

Price and from where you can buy?
It retails for $19.95 AUD and you can buy it from  Priceline pharmacy Australia

Would I recommend this product?
I really liked pallet. It has no strong fragrance that I can detect. Colour payoff is so good! In terms of durability - Does is last or fade? It will fade eventually, depending on your environment (I live in Australia, in a humid climate) and what you're doing. Setting spray does stretch its lasting ability some.
If you are a beginner to makeup - yes. If you are on a budget - absolutely. If you want quality makeup for drugstore prices - hurry, because they sell out like hotcakes.
The only negative thing I can say is that it has no mirror and I don't like the brush that comes with it.

I hope it helps, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment