Saturday, January 28, 2017

Maybelline New York FIT me Foundation and Concealer Review

I bought Maybelline NY FIT me Foundation and Concealer and thought I would let you know what I think of them. I got number ‘230’ in the Foundation and concealer is in the shade ‘25 Medium’.


Foundation:


I am one that doesn’t want too much coverage – I want a foundation to have more coverage then say a tinted moisturizer but still look natural and flawless. I also like a dewy look rather than Matte. I find that the Fit Me Foundation satisfies these requirements.

Recently they comes up with Maybelline FIT me Matte and Poreless which is suitable for Oily skin. But I prefer to use the ‘Maybelline FIT me’ because as I said, I like dewy finish of foundation and I have normal to dry skin.

I wouldn’t recommend it for people with oily skin – it is best on normal to dry. It’s got a very lovely, light, blend able formula and it claims to allow your skin to breathe. It’s also got a translucent base and lightweight pigments to highlight your skin’s natural highs and lows. 

It’s also got an SPF of 15. Although it has SPF but it doesn’t flash back in photographs.
I found applying it with my fingers didn’t work as well as using a Foundation brush or Beauty sponge.

Cons:
The only downside with it is the bottle it comes in – it looks great! But to dispense the product is a bit of a hassle as it do not have a pump – I really like the pump dispenser of Foundations. 




The “FIT me” name means that you should be able to find a shade (number) that best matches your skin tone. They have the relevant Concealer and Powder that matches with that Foundation Colour (number). I believe there are 18 foundation shades available but I’ve only seen up to 12 different shades in store in Australia.  

Pricing will vary wherever you source your Maybelline products but the average is around $18 AUD for the 30ml bottle.

Here are some swatches of shade 230



Blended


 Concealer:

In relation to the Concealer – it’s fantastic! I always go a shade or two lighter than my foundation as I use it around my eye area to highlight as well. I got the number 20 in Sand.

There are 6 different Shades available in Australia and the average price is $13 AUD for 6.85ml. It’s got a brush applicator which I really like. Most of the beauty gurus compare it with NARS RADIENT CREAMY CONCEALER which I have not tried yet.

Once again the formula is light and gives a natural coverage. Really like to use this to spot conceal on the days when I don’t feel like to wear a lot of makeup.

Here are some swatches of shade 25 medium:


Blended (over foundation)



I really recommend trying these and I will definitely repurchase them.
Thank you for reading and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment