Thursday, January 26, 2017

BOBBI BROWN MOISTURE RICH FOUNDATION SPF 15 Review

What Bobbi Brown says about this foundation?

“Bobbi brown moisture rich Foundation has moisturizing formula which provides broad spectrum SPF 15 sun protection while it hydrates skin and delivers a soft, beautiful finish. It is for normal to dry skin types—this formula is buildable, allowing for medium to full coverage, as desired. This ultra-hydrating formula blends the moisture-magnet benefits of sodium hyaluronate with jojoba, wheat germ and plant oils to hydrate and soften skin. Antioxidants vitamin C and E help protect against damaging free radicals while lavender oil calms and soothes. After moisturising skin, apply a small amount of foundation around the nose, and blend. Continue to apply all over or only where needed to even tone and cover imperfections. Blend with clean sponge, fingertips or the Foundation Brush (sold separately).”


This foundation was the first ever high-end expensive foundation I bought for myself. It has Glass packaging, comes with a pump.
So here are my reviews:

PROS

Texture and Coverage and Finish:
It has a wonderfully soft, fluid-but-creamy texture that blends beautifully and dries to a natural, soft glow finish.

This is a medium coverage foundation with a glowy finish, which is my favourite type of foundation anyway. For reference my skin is really dry expect my t zone. It has the most beautiful, undetectable finish on the skin, at least applied with a beauty blender. It could be streaky when applied with a brush, so I never used this with brush.

The best part for me is that it doesn't only look good, it also seems to nourish my combination more on dry side skin - there's something in it, maybe oils that actually feel like they moisturize the skin while wearing it. It did not accentuate my pores and nor it cling to my dry patches (if I have bad skin day).
I feel like the foundation last just as well on the non-primed face as the primed face, but it actually blend better on my bare skin!.

Shades:
The shade range is good with 11 shades for almost all skin tone. I am in the shade "Honey 5".

Skin Type: It is best for combination to dry skin. Definitely not for oily skin because it is very dewy.

It has SPF 15 which is good. 

CONS

Even though I love the overall performance of this foundation, there are some things that really irritate me about it.
·        Firstly, this is such an expensive foundation retails for $72 AUD. Which is a lot for a 30 ml foundation.
·        My second complaint concerns that I have to do touch ups as my nose gets oily throughout the day. The longevity is nothing special.
·        It is not cruelty free; tested on animals.

Overall, this foundation is not that bad. I still use it, I just simply do not want to waste it after paying so much for it. But would I repurchase? Hell no! Just because it is very pricey for everyday use and I can get similar product from drug store in less price.

You can buy it from Myer Australia , Mecca. (this link is not Affiliated)

Please like share and comment you thoughts. 

                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment